Re: graphics/gle won't build -- can't find glut

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Steven M. Bellovin
<smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2008 16:25:23 +0200
>
> "Daniel Horecki" <shinden%linux.pl@localhost> wrote:
>
>  > On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Steven M. Bellovin
>  > <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
>  > > On Sat, 3 May 2008 15:43:17 +0200
>  > >
>  > > "Daniel Horecki" <shinden%linux.pl@localhost> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  > >
>  > >
>  > > > >  Don't know if it's that case, but try to add pthreads things
>  > > > > to gle
>  > >  > >  Makefile. In ${WRKSRC}/config.log should be mention of this.
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > >  Daniel
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > >  --
>  > >  > >  Daniel Horecki
>  > >  > >  http://morr.pl
>  > >  > >
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Yes, that's pthreads problem. Mesa is linked with pthreads,
>  > >  > while gle doesn't use that. With attached diff I can build
>  > >  > successful.
>  > >  >
>  > >  It didn't work for me.  I've put the config log at
>  > >  http://www.machshav.com/~smb/gle-config.log
>  > >
>  > >  Do I need to rebuild something else first, like glut, perhaps with
>  > >  similar changes?
>  > >
>  >
>  > Could be. There is PR on this:
>  > http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=38503
>
>  That PR describes exactly what I'm seeing.
>

>  > But lately I have setup DRI on my lap and I have defined
>  > PKG_OPTIONS.MesaLib+=dri...
>  > And I'm using wip/Mesa*, but that doesn't seems to be problem, because
>  > that version was imported from wip to pkgsrc.
>  > TODO file in graphics/MesaLib mention patch. Can you try apply that?
>  >
>  Of course, rebuilding MesaLib means rebuilding more or less the entire
>  world, it seems, and these don't feel like the kind of changes I should
>  risk doing a 'make replace' on...
>
>  Any guesses as to which is a better approach, that patch or the dri
>  option?

Either way you should recompile MesaLib. I guess that because dri
works for me and one more person, it could be better.
And you can recompile only MesaLib, with patch you have to recompile
libX11, which is even more work.
And dri option should work without drm option in kernel.

Daniel

--
Daniel Horecki
http://morr.pl