Re: sendmail, openssl and NetBSD 3.1

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Matthias Scheler wrote:
On 28 Apr 2008, at 14:55, Stephen Borrill wrote:
If sendmail gets linked against openssl 0.9.8g from pkgsrc (as found in 2008Q1) then it aborts:
netmanager 4# /usr/pkg/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
_res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.
Apr 28 14:52:37 netmanager /netbsd: pid 3032 (sendmail), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core not dumped, err = 1)

Can you try adding ...

.include "../../mk/"

... to an appropriate makefile, please?

I added it above the include and also added RESOLV_AUTO_VARS=yes which made no difference. Looking at, it only counts NetBSD 2 and earlier at not having a suitable resolv builtin. So I added USE_BUILTIN.resolv=no:

devel# make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.resolv
devel# make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.bind

This make no difference, bind9 is not built or linked against.