Re: pthread error when switching VLC skin

Hello Joel!

> I wanted to change my VLC skin.
> When selecting "Settings / Switch interface / Skins 2" it just cores
> saying:
> VLC media player 0.8.6d Janus
>
> (.:3424): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 12 (Cannot allocate
> memory)
> vlc: Error detected by libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex.
> Detected by file
> "/home/builds/ab/HEAD/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line 412,
> function "pthread__mutex_unlock_slow".
> See pthread(3) for information.
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> This is NetBSD 4.99.55 / i386, modular Xorg with DRM on Intel i965PM.
>
> Any idea ?

Only a workaround:
export PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A
You can put this in your .profile, or just alias vlc to "PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A
vlc"

The problem is in VLC and this problem remains unnoticed on Linux,
because of glibc's permissive behaviour, so there are some hiding bugs can be
triggered under NetBSD.

I should compile their HEAD and nag them with bugreports in the near future. :)
(they use qt4 in the latest development  version btw)

Hope that helps.

--
Adam