Re: Simple problem

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> > # make
> > => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found
> > digest-20070803
> > ERROR: This package is only available for these
> > platforms: *-*-i386.

Note that this is unrelated to next error. The very last error (ERROR:
grub-0.97nb8 is not available for NetBSD-4.0-x86_64) is about this. Seems
out of order.

> > ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
> > ERROR: The package tools installed on this system are
> > out of date.
> > ERROR: The installed package tools are dated
> > 2006/11/03 and you must
> > ERROR: update them to at least 2007/08/02 using the
> > following command:
> > ERROR:
> > ERROR:     (cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install &&
> > /usr/bin/make clean && /usr/bin/make update)
> > ERROR: grub-0.97nb8 is not available for
> > NetBSD-4.0-x86_64
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/grub
> >
> >   How I can solve this problem?
>
> Try reading the error message.

It might be more than that.

If this is a new install of NetBSD 4.0 and this is the first time
to use pkgsrc, it doesn't make sense to have to update.

One answer (I think) it to use the latest pkgsrc branch instead of HEAD
for pkgsrc. I don't know where this is documented. Links are from
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2008/01/05/0000.html

Or if this is a new install of NetBSD -current, then the pkg_install tools
are behind. (I don't think that is the problem though.)

  Jeremy C. Reed