Re: Updating emulators/simh

On Fri, 2008-02-29 01:57:20 +0100, Klaus Heinz
<k.heinz%febacht.kh-22.de@localhost> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > I wanted to use the current version of SIMH, a simulator for historic
> > computers. The attached patch updates from 3.3.0 to 3.7.3.  Seems to
> > work for me.  Any comments?
>
> What's the reason for patch-ad?

It was posted to the SIMH mailing list and is ment to speed-improve
the VAX by about 30%.

> I just built simh for the first time and must admit seeing all those
> warnings
>
>    integer constant is too large for "long" type
>
> didn't give me too much confidence in this software...

Though it works.  There are oddities of course, but it's a useful
piece of software and I use it for quite some time now.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost
+49-172-7608481