Re: [announce] wip/pkg_online - client/server search in pkgsrc packages

> Hi everybody. I'm develping pkg_online - tool for client/server search
> in pkgsrc packages. Documentation is not excellent yet, but I hope the
> following is clear enough for the beginning.

wip/pkg_update updated to new version 0.3.0

NEWS:

   Server can now return so called "shortinfo", see -3 option below.
   New database is created for this by new script
   pkg_summary2shortinfo: pkgsrc-XXX-shortinfo.

   pkg_summary2pkgname_to_onelineinfo script is renamed
     to pkg_summary2onelineinfo
   pkgsrc-XXX2pkgname_to_onelineinfo database is renamed
     to pkgsrc-XXX-onelineinfo

      pkgsrc-XXX-shortinfo    - pkg_summary2shortinfo
      pkgsrc-XXX-onelineinfo  - pkg_summary2onelineinfo

   - pkg_online_client

     new options: -1, -3 amd -9 for obtaining
     oneline-, short- and full information about packages.
     Ex: pkg_online_client -1 dict-server
         pkg_online_client -3 netcat
         pkg_online_client -1 bmake

     new option -h for help

   - pkg_online_find

     new options: -1, -3 amd -9 for obtaining
     oneline-, short- and full information about packages.
     Ex: pkg_online_find -1 'm:p:jlam'
         pkg_online_find -3 'm:p:hubertf'
         pkg_online_find -9 'm:p:tnn' 'p:p:wip/'

     new options: -f -s show available field for search and search
     strategies and their short synonyms

   Makefile.cvsdist is not local to this project anymore
   (cvsdist, ChangeLog targets).

> The project now has "need feedback" status ;-)

P.S.
Binary Repository = Search Tool + Packages Management Tool.

Search tool              - pkg_online.
Packages Management tool - pkg_chk -b or ...

I think so.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.