Re: general problem with pkgsrc on 64bit linux

On Monday 21 January 2008 01:59:29 russell_mcmanus%yahoo.com@localhost wrote:
> I think this calls for someone who understands the guts of pkgsrc
> pretty well.
>
> pkgsrc gurus, if you are listening, please help!  This is inhibiting
> my use of pkgsrc at work in a big way, and I'd very much appreciate
> any assistance you could provide.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -russ

So, I take it you're using pkgsrc on 64-bit Linux running on amd64 platform. I
don't have much experience with this platform, I built 32-bit and 64-bit
packages on SPARC Solaris and didn't really have any problems.

Do you have a mixture of 32- and 64-bit libraries? Are they located
under /lib, /usr/lib for 32-bit and /lib64, /usr/lib64 for 64-bit? Are you
only trying to build 64-bit packages?

I don't really understand what sort of problems you're having. It seems that
as you build packages, they get linked against the native libraries, instead
of pkgsrc libraries.

Have you tried setting

PREFER_PKGSRC=yes

in your mk.conf?