Re: general problem with pkgsrc on 64bit linux

Joerg Sonnenberger <> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 05:15:05PM -0600,
> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble compiling a bunch of pkgsrc packages on 64 bit
> > linux.  I think it's because /usr/lib64 is being inserted before the
> > pkgsrc lib64 directory in some cases.
> pkgsrc is not using lib64. But yeah, it can be a hassle if /usr/lib64 is
> added before $PREFIX/lib.

It's more than just a hassle, many packages won't compile!

Unfortunately, although my knowledge is growing, at this time I only
know a little bit about the internals of pkgsrc.  Any ideas how I can
get pkgsrc to stop inserting /usr/lib64 before $PREFIX/lib?