Cross-compiling packages

Hi all,

I have been googling for information about cross-compiling packages
using pkgsrc. Most of the info I have found is quite old and suggests
that this is not actually possible. Is this still the case or has
cross compilation support been added? If it is possible can you point
me to some docs/examples? I want to cross-compile for an embedded
target which does not have enough memory to compile native.

Thanks
Rich