Re: pbulk resolving stage ALWAYS failes

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 12:23:54AM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

>  >>  >> pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency dar-[0-9]* of
>  >>  >> package sarab-0.2.2nb1
>  >>
>  >> > This looks like a bug in your code, works fine here.
>  >> There is no MY code here. This what I downloaded from YOUR CVS ;)
>
> > s/code/tree/. This package exists and in that location as well, unless
> > it is uncommented in archivers/Makefile for some reason.
> No. I have lots of local patches but neither of them concern dr

The message tells you that archivers/sarab can't depend on
archivers/dar. As I don't see this on a different machine, this means
either (a) Your tree has some chagnes in archivers/sarab we don't see or
(b) Your tree has some changes in archivers/dar that we don't see or
(c) The scan hasn't seen archivers/dar.

You could start by grepping pscan for "dar-", you should get at least a
PKGNAME line and the dependency line of sarab.

> I repeat: failure of 1 of 9500 packages leads to complete fall.
> What a...?

I give the person responsible a change to fix it. Otherwise I will
request a backout the offending changes. The point here is that an
unresolvable dependency is a major issue and MUST NOT be ignored. We had
such issues in the past and they are ignored for month because noone
cared as noone saw them. This is an even bigger issue on the non-primary
platforms.

Joerg