Re: Thunderbird and Firefox

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

        Exactly. Sorry - I should have made that clear in my initial
        email. Given that... any objections?

Not really, but I don't think that hard coding firefox here is a good idea.
You leave out other browsers.

        Any implementation should provide options on this.

There should be a way to disable this support, so people who just want
to read mails and not to bother with links in it will not be caught by
starting a browser.

And what about this part?

        They only see any difference if they click a link. The principle
        of least surprise would suggest that when most users click a link
        they want the link to open.

        Note - whatever is done would be an option in options.mk, the
        issue is whether to enable it by default.