Re: packages(7) man page on non-NetBSD?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > It's only in NetBSD for now; there was a package for packages(7), but
> > I don't see a package for pkgsrc(7) as worth the effort (for me) since
> > it doesn't contain much information.
>
> How about just adding the manual page (as sparse as it may be) to the
> bootstrap kit?

Yes, let's add it. I have been asked about it a few times outside of
NetBSD lists too.

I understand we don't want to waste time duplicating documentation, but I
still think the man page should be extended to be a least useful to
novice. Pointing a beginner to our pkgsrc Guide may be overwhelming :)

I have a pkgsrc.7 that some others on some mailing list helped write.

  Jeremy C. Reed