packages(7) man page on non-NetBSD?

Where is the packages(7) man page supposed to come from on non-NetBSD systems?
 On a Mac OS X system that I bootstrapped many months ago, I have
/usr/pkg/man/cat7/packages.0.  On a similar system that I bootstrapped last
week, I have no such man page and cannot find(1) it (or anything close) in my
pkgsrc tree (from HEAD, updated earlier today).

I'm assuming it should be installed during bootstrap of pkgsrc...  Has it gone
missing by design or by glitch?

Thanks,
Mark