apache22 and mod_rewrite ?

Hi, I was just wondering how to activate mod_rewrite in apache 2.2 install...

It doesnt seem to be in the list there :
 * APACHE_MODULES = all proxy proxy_connect proxy_ftp proxy_http ssl deflate
access auth authn_alias include log_config env mime setenvif status autoindex
asis cgi negotiation dir imap actions userdir alias isapi file_cache cache
disk_cache mem_cache bucketeer echo example case_filter case_filter_in
charset_lite

SO I wondered how I can activate rewrite, if it was always activated, or if its
 never there...

Anyone has a clue ?

Thanks a lot !

--