Re: Bulk packages for Darwin/i386?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 01:23:17PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> or unresolved symbols. The GNU toolchain doesn't complain about such
> a problems and they remain undetected under Linux (or NetBSD).

How difficult is generally to fix those? Just matter of using
libtool? Are there any general guidelines how to deal with binary-only,
.dmg style distributed software, such as opera?

> > I see that latest bulk build results from start of March only built
> > successfully about half of packages.
>
> Which results are you talking about? I can't find any Darwin-i386 results.
> The Darwin-powerppc bulk build managed to build about two thirds of
> the packages.

I've seen some unofficial results:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2006/03/13/0008.html

I've noted e.g. Python and PHP4 didn't package. Actually, looking at
it again, it seems only older versions of Python don't build, which
is fine with me. Checking the list from the above post, most of packages
I actually use seem to work (are not included in the 'broken' list).
Good work :)

Is there any reason a binary bootstrap isn't available for Darwin/i386?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek%NetBSD.org@localhost>            http://www.NetBSD.cz/
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-