Re: ports FLAVORS on pkgsrc (and postfix)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 05:57:15PM +0000, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any options on pkgsrc to what OpenBSD calls FLAVORS? If not,
> are there any plans to include it?
>
> I'm asking because of problems regarding Postfix support for SASL2. I
> compiled postfix-current, which do not have SASL2 support by default. It
> would be nice to have something like FLAVORS to do this job rather than
> modifying Makefile manually.

You haven't had to edit the Makefile manually for as long as I can
remember.  In the old days you had to set specific variables in mk.conf,
but nowadays you have the whole options framework.

Try "make show-options" someday...

> How to use the binaries of Postfix installed in /usr/pkg/sbin instead of
> using the ones in /usr/sbin?

See mailer.conf(5).

> And, just to finish, why postfix AND sendmail are included in NetBSD by
> default?

Why not?  Besides, 4.0 won't.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks