Graphviz 2.12: Quite the regression :(

Hi,

while trying to update kscope to a more recent (And more importantly: working)
version, I noticed that the "call graph" functionality had stopped working. I
traced this to dot, aka graphviz. The previous version of graphviz in
pkgsrc, 2.6, offered several "output renderers":

canon cmap cmapx dia dot fig gd gd2 gif hpgl imap ismap jpeg jpg mif mp pcl
pic plain plain-ext png ps ps2 svg svgz vrml vtx wbmp xdot

(try dot -Tfoobar)

The new 2.12 version dropped most of these, however, and offers only

dia hpgl mif mp pcl pic vtx

This breaks things.  The reason kscope stopped working was that it needs
'plain'. I haven't found any indication that dropping all of these output
renderes was a deliberate move; the package's Makefile does shed some
light on a possible cause, though: the dependency on libgd seems to have
been suspended:

(line 56 onward)

# The configure script requires gd>=2.0.34, which was never released.
# Uncomment the following when graphics/gd is updated to 2.0.34
#.include "../../graphics/gd/buildlink3.mk"

Any hope that this will be a temporary issue only? Should there be a
graphviz26 package until this has been sorted out?

--
Martijn van Buul - pino%dohd.org@localhost