scripts for rebuilding all interesting packages

Periodically, I like to rebuild all of my packages.  I can use
'pkg_info -u -Q PKGPATH' and pkg_comp to do the builds; the question
is how to do the installation.

The problem is that package names are often different from the build
directory name in PKGPATH.  For example, I have to go to www/firefox2
to build the browser, but it's installed as firefox-2.0.0.1.  I
could run 'pkg_info -u', but of course the version numbers are likely
to be wrong.  I don't want to simply install every tarball in the
pkg_comp output directory, because that would mess up 'pkg_info -u'
for next time.

This time, I manually matched `basename $i`-*tgz for every entry in
the pkg_info -u output.  I hand-corrected the few that matched
multiple files -- about three of them, I believe -- and those that
didn't match any, such as firefox2 and openoffice2-bin.  I would like
a better solution.  Any ideas?