Re: using seperate fetch agents depending upon protocol

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 10:25:31PM -0500, Blair Sadewitz wrote:

[about a sleazy FTP program that fetches many byte ranges from the same
 file in parallel]
> However dubious it may be in concept, it often accelerates download
> time many times over.  I have seen:
>
> ~150KB/s -> ~600KB/s
> ~500KB/s -> 1.4MB/s

This would probably be a very good time for me to point out that when
we catch individual clients opening dozens of connections in parallel to
our servers, we ban their IP addresses until they promise not to do so
in the future.

Thor