using seperate fetch agents depending upon protocol

I was wondering what's the most sensible way to have pkgsrc use
different programs for fetching files depending upon the protocol.
I'd like to use 'aget' for http and then fall back to /usr/bin/ftp if
aget fails.  Do I need to write a wrapper script?  Such a feature in
pkgsrc would be useful, IMHO.  What about the portal filesystem,
puffs, etc.?

I'm mostly curious to know if anyone does this, and, if so, how they do.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":