qemu, nographic and serial redirection

Hi,

I'm trying to start qemu with -nographic and get the output using cu.
This is to install the OS from a SSH connection.

I tried "qemu (...) -nographic -serial /dev/tty00" with several devices
but I get "(qemu) qemu: could not open serial device '/dev/tty00'".
Re-reading the Qemu docs "serial" seems to be used to connect the
real device to the Qemulated OS.

Someone can give me the exact command line please ?

TIA,
        Jo