Re: www/dillo requires wget, https, and mime-types?

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:27:53PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> 1) www/dillo requires wget. I noticed when I went to a PDF (even though it
> was a http:// URI).
>
> wget is hard-coded in the dillo source.
>
> Anyone want to patch dillo so this can be customizable and use
> ${FETCH_CMD} ??

This is a good idea, I might look at it when I have some more time.

In the meanwhile, there are two possible "solutions": add an optional
dependency on wget like I did in www/skipstone (I should patch skipstone,
too).  Or add a MESSAGE telling about the non-essential dependency on wget,
e.g. as in audio/cplay.

> 2) I added an option, PKG_OPTIONS+=dillo-ssl, to enable the https support.
>
> The https is experimental.

Good idea to disable it by default then.

> 3) Anyone know how to get dillo to handle mime types, such as when I click
> on a PDF for it to do the right thing?

IMO this is not our (pkgsrc's) job.  You should ask this to the dillo
developer(s) or on a dillo mailing list.

        Geert