Errors with ".po" files

Over the past one week that I used pkgsrc, I've had atleast 3 packages
that refused to compile coz of some problem with ".po" files. My
understanding is that these ".po" files are to do with translation --
atleast their names were like "en.po" and "el.po" and "lu.po" and so
on -- and they seemed to contain info on how to give error messages
and other dialogs in a different language.

My quick workaround was to just delete the offending ".po" file, and
copy a good ".po" file over it. As in, say "el.po" is where compile
stopped, I'd delete it and copy "de.po" over it coz I can see "de.po"
is ok (its been worked upon and a "de.gmo" or something like that file
was created for it). That would set things right -- atleast for me.

Two questions:

1) Where can I report to when I find such errors? It doesn't matter to
me if "el.po" doesn't work and so I replace it with "de.po" -- chances
are I'll never be using the Italian translated versions anyways -- but
I am sure it matters to other people and so its best I report
somewhere.

2) Any way I can compile my packages *without* all these extra
language supports thrown in? I just want English -- no need for
Italian and Dutch and all that.

An example package that I encountered upon yesterday with this problem
was "multimedia\gnome2-media". There are two more I encountered upon
last week -- I can't seem to recollect their names now. It was late
night and I just did what I did above and moved on.

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://mail-index.netbsd.org/ (has your question been answered before?)