Re: sysutils/extipl

Did you install lilo on linux partition? I cannot try myself, but I
think you need to edit lilo.conf to have

 boot=/dev/hda2 #install on 2nd primary partition

and execute lilo.

To boot Operating System for PC, you need to install "bootstrap" at
the beginning of the partition. /usr/sbin/installboot do this for
NetBSD, and /sbin/lilo for Linux.

I think you actually saw 'No IPL Magic'. Those programs write magic
number to Boot sector, and extipl refers to the magic number as 'IPL

At Sun, 12 Mar 2006 06:34:17 -0300,
Paulo Aukar <> wrote:
> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi Hiramatsu,
>  "extipl install rwd0d" works fine. Thanks. But I think there still is
> something wrong in my setup of extipl. I have netbsd running on wd1 and
> windows 2000 + linux gnu/debian running on wd0. linux is at primary partition
> 2. Windows boots normally but when I try to  boot linux I receive the
> following message:
>  "no extipl magic".
>  Could there be any option I'm not using?
>  Thank you for the help.
>  Paulo

// HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi