[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/46330 CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
The following reply was made to PR pkg/46330; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Mark Davies" <markd%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/46330 CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 06:09:48 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: markd
Date: Mon Apr 16 06:09:48 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/net/scamper: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 20111202b (PR pkg/46330)
* provide documentation for libscamperfile
* fix ping -O spoof
* fix tracelb and sniff bugs that cause scamper to crash
* fix sc_analysis_dump, sc_warts2pcap, and sc_wartscat man pages
* fix sc_warts2text to read from stdin if no files specified
* add -a (all) -m (pair method) and -n (use dns) options to sc_tracediff
* initial draft of a man page for the warts file format.
man 5 warts.
* provide -O copyout option to scamper itself, which allows all
data written over the control socket in "attach" mode to also
be sent to a named file. useful for debugging. documented
in the scamper man page.
* provide ability to specify the source address of a PTB in tbit.
* in attach mode, each command now returns a command ID as part
of the OK response. a command may be halted before it completes
by issuing a halt command over the same control socket.
* when sanity checking the probe size requested in ping, take
account of the timestamp IP option correctly. noticed by
* fix scamper man page to say -d can be used to set the ICMP checksum
value in Paris traceroute. noticed by Alistair.
* add scamper_addr_netaddr, a routine to mask the network portion of
an IP address in a scamper_addr_t.
* fix scamper's ping to actually set the tos byte that is passed in.
noticed by Alistair.
* fix scamper's ping to record ICMPv6 PTB messages.
* fix the result code set on sniff tasks when a sniff task is halted.
* fix compiler warnings
* correct copyright notices to reflect that, until 2006,
I have copyright. No change to GPLv2 license.
* Switch from select(2) to poll(2) by default, which is useful
when more than a thousand fds are monitored for events.
Force the use of select instead of poll by invoking scamper
with -O select.
* Add support for kqueue (BSD) and epoll (Linux). To use,
specify -O kqueue or -O epoll when scamper is invoked.
* Fix a bug that could allow scamper to enter an infinite
loop if a packet with malformed IP options is received.
* Add support for raw IP sockets, and use these to send
TCP probes in traceroute if the datalink socket can't be
used to transmit.
* Set SO_REUSEADDR on TCP sockets.
* Add a new traceroute method: IPv6 fragment traceroute.
specify the offset to encode in the fragment offset with -o
* Fix file support so that if '-' is specified as the source of
addresses to probe stdin is read, rather than stdout. ensure
the file is closed if an error is encountered when opening a
* Fix bug in MDA traceroute where some TCP responses from the
target were ignored.
* Fix a potential memory leak in the neighbour discovery code
* Implement code to calculate statistics (min/mean/max/stddev)
on ping results.
* Detach the writebuf before closing an attached control socket
* Silence all clang static analysis warnings.
* do not output scamper_debug to stderr if NDEBUG has been specified
* fix logic when -O rawtcp is used with tcptraceroute
* fix scamper event loop to drain sockets that are currently
* fix scamper event loop to handle POLLHUP
* fix double-frees in scamper_sources.c
* fix small memory leak in scamper_sources.c, noticed by Stephen
* fix uname_wrap on 64bit systems, noticed by Stephen
* do not print "cat" when the -e option is used with sc_analysis_dump.
* fix mixing of sources according to their priority.
* when building the scamper binary, do not use the libscamperfile
library. instead, build all code into scamper to ensure scamper
itself will always work.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/net/scamper/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/scamper/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/net/scamper/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |