NetBSD-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: dual boot installation with UEFI
I remember it as a frustrating experience until I figured out how to
boot all the operating systems installed from GRUB.
I remember I finally switched to the UID mechanism cause booting
failed when I forgot an external hard disk connected to the computer
that lead to change in my second drive device.
Regards.
Ramiro.
El lun, 28 sept 2026 a las 10:03, RVP (<rvp%sdf.org@localhost>) escribió:
>
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2026, Jeff wrote:
>
> > I tried setting it to the UUID of my EFI partition, but after running grub-mkconfig, no new entry appeared in my grub menu.
> >
>
> Well, it's not actually the EFI UUID for VFAT/DOS partitions. What grub wants
> for these is the `Volume ID'. You can get this if you run `lsblk -f'.
>
> (It's very irritating, and not really documented clearly in the grub docs.)
>
> -RVP
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index