NetBSD-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: dual boot installation with UEFI
pacavegano%tutamail.com@localhost (Jeff) writes:
>I wish to install NetBSD into the unused space (or I can pre-format it, if that would help) on a drive which already has a UEFI partition and a partition on which Gentoo is installed, and I want to keep Gentoo intact. I cannot find any instructions or tutorials regarding installing on a disk that has another OS on it, and all of my attempts have failed when I get to the point of accepting the disk layout. It quickly fails with a complaint about not being able to access /dev/dk* (and I'm trying to install on nvme).
You should be able to just add the NetBSD partition(s) and tell sysinst
to install the system into it.
The more tricky part is then how to boot. If your system already has
something like a boot selector, you could create an EFI/netbsd
directory and copy over bootx64.efi (and maybe a boot.cfg) to it.
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index