Re: Raspberry pi 4 boot on USB 3 port was: Failed to build OpenSSH

Hello vl

El vie, 12 jul 2024 a las 10:54, Van Ly (<van.ly%sdf.org@localhost>) escribió:

> Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > Oh, sorry, I have just sent the same mail when I have faced the problem when fixing OpenSSH in my raspberry pi 4 and Zero W, I did no read your post.
>
> Is it possible to boot Raspberry pi 4 on the USB 3 port straight from
> the generic image without any changes?
>
>  -> NetBSD-10-aarch64--generic.img
>
> Do you have the pointer to how in the docs? I've been on the lookout for
> trip reports on the port-arm mailing list.
>
> --
> vl

I use my RPI4 entirely from the SD card.

I installed it with this image on the SD card:

https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-10.0/evbarm-aarch64/binary/gzimg/arm64.img.gz

Then unpacked the UEFI files on /boot:

https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases/tag/v1.37

Rebooted on the UEFI screen and removed the 3 GB RAM limit. I set up
to boot from the SD card.

I believe that you can tweak boot device in the UEFI screen to point
USB port, but I do not know how to continue from that point, If that
works and what image must be burnt on the USB flash drive or USB disk
connected there.

Hope the experts will solve it for us.

Regards, Ramiro.