Re: Trying to start NPF

Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I think I fixed is:
>
> /etc/rc.d/npf onerestart
>
> It complained -- I un-commented ALL of $wi*. Error went away.
> Why? I only have $wired_if  (as wm0) . Why the other
> 2 vars needed?

If a variable is used anywhere else in the config file, it will probably
have to be set.  I suspect that you needed $wired_addrs.  Your statement
is a bit too vague to allow anything else to be said about that matter.

> 'ifconfig npflog0'  worked
>
> in 'netstat -ain' I see npflo. Why that name -- shouldnt it it be npflog ?

That is the typical truncation thing that netstat does.  It also chops
the ip addresses.  If you want the full names and ip addresses, add the
'v' flag to your netstat line.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org