Re: CD-ROM block size

Greetings!

I wonder is there a way to know blocksize of
CD-ROM? I have a number of old machines required
to use 512-byte SCSI CD-ROM and I want to ensure
512-byte mode is enabled or supported.

I tried atactl and it shows wrong block size,
 always reporting 512, >> even on certainly 2k
CD-ROM.

This mostly matters for the firmware and for
booting from CD-ROM. The physical media is always
2048 byte sectors but some drives can enable
emulated 512-byte access with the SCSI MODE
SELECT command. Good drives for both Sun and
DEC are the Toshiba XM series.
These resources might be useful:

Thank you for the answer. I guess real question
was then - how one can find that drive is able tp
emulate 512-byte access? Is it possible to question
SCSI or test it somehow in the running system?

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov