Re: NetBSD 10 and framebuffer consoles setup vs 9.3 (font, multiple...)

ST> That of course means being able to read the DPI from somewhere, but isn't
ST> that a thing that EDID does?

RVP> There's no DPI present in the EDID data, as far as I know (DisplayID
RVP> has horiz. and vert. pixel counts which could be used in combination
RVP> with the display size values).

EDID provides both a coarse display size (height & width in cm) as
part of the "EDID Basic display parameters" and mm-exact sizes
along with every "EDID Detailed Timing Descriptor" (which also
specify the size in pixels).  So yes:  it *is* possible to derive
the DPI from the EDID info.

						Martin Neitzel

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Display_Identification_Data