Re: framebuffer console on old ATI

Hi,

Michael wrote:
> Did it crash or did if continue booting? If it continued to boot
> radeonfb likely got the wiring of outputs to displays wrong.
> With that, please try with options RADEONFB_BIOS_INIT, which adds code
> to scan the BIOS for output info. This is not enabled by default
> because most hardware we run radeonfb on doesn't have a PC BIOS. Should
> probably be on by default on x86.

did so. Still get a black screen. Before going black, I am able to see a
"failed".
Also, it hangs, because if I wait some time I can't login remotely (left
dhcp&telnet on).

thanks to easy videos with iPhones... I was able to extract a frame:

radeonfb0: BIOS initialization failed

hmm... looks like the option was not enough, I did not do it correctly
or there is a further bug.

Riccardo