Re: GENERIC_KASLR Boot Page Fault in 10.0

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024, Isaac wrote:

Whether I choose to install the GENERIC_KASLR kernel via the installation menu, or follow the steps at https://wiki.netbsd.org/security/kaslr/, the result is the same. The installation succeeds, but when booting the kernel it crashes during the "jumping to kernel" stage with a page fault. The GENERIC kernel works fine.

I can reproduce this on real HW too. The 9.4 KASLR kernel works with the
/prekern from 10.99.10; the 10.99.10 KASLR kernel fails to boot.

Looks like a regression. Please file a PR for this.

-RVP