Re: Bluetooth wheel mouse and X11

Hi Iain

> great! which mouse did you use btw?

It seems I collected some Microsoft BT mice over the years! All 3
Microsoft mice I have exhibit the same behavior. The last one I tried is a
portable one called a Wedge Touch Mouse. Here's the btconfig ubt0 inquiry
output:
  1: bdaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (mouse)
   : name "Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse"
   : class [0x002580] Peripheral Mouse <Limited Discoverable>
   : page scan rep mode 0x01
   : clock offset 87
   : rssi 0
They all have scrolling (the Wedge is touch sensitive).

Here's my USB BT device:
[     6.109991] ubt0 at uhub2 port 1
[     6.109991] ubt0: Realtek (0x0b05) ASUS USB-BT500 (0x190e), rev
1.10/2.00, addr 2

> On the Bluetooth front, my question would be does the mouse actually send
> scroll events? You can find this out with sysutils/hcicump in that the
> reports sent will include them. the only way I can conceieve that your
> situation occurs is if it is sending both scroll and movement at the same
> time somehow

I installed hcidump and received output. Unfortunately, I don't know
enough about this yet to make sense -- will do some reading. I pasted the
first few lines of output below of me moving (not scrolling) the mouse
around. The output appears the same in X or console.

> On the X fton, is X registering scroll events? you can perhaps find this
> out with xev(1) I'm not sure how..

I couldn't get any output for this, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your suggestions for debugging, I have some reading to do at
least now :)

-Joel

hcidump output:

hcidump -r wedge.hcidump
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 5.66-netbt
btsnoop version: 1 datalink type: 1002
> HCI Event: Mode Change (0x14) plen 6
    status 0x00 handle 4 mode 0x00 interval 0
                   Mode: Active
> HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
    handle 4 slots 3
> HCI Event: Mode Change (0x14) plen 6
    status 0x00 handle 4 mode 0x02 interval 18
    Mode: Sniff