Re: NetBSD 9.3 to 10.0 upgrade failure - check for DOS fs

Hi,

(removing Robert who may read the reply on the list, if)

Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 11:52:04PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> 0: NetBSD (sysid 169)
>>   bootmenu: NetBSD
>>   start 2048, size 625140400, Active
>> 1: <UNUSED>
>> 2: <UNUSED>
>> 3: <UNUSED>
>> Bootselector disabled.
>> First active partition: 0
> Can you show us the /etc/fstab file from the NetBSD partition?

of course, here it is. Inspected from booting 9.3 [1] - I hope that is
what you asked for.

sphere$ cat /etc/fstab
# NetBSD /etc/fstab
# See /usr/share/examples/fstab/ for more examples.
/dev/wd0a               /       ffs     rw               1 1
/dev/wd0b               none    swap    sw,dp            0 0
kernfs          /kern   kernfs  rw
ptyfs           /dev/pts        ptyfs   rw
procfs          /proc   procfs  rw
tmpfs           /var/shm        tmpfs   rw,-m1777,-sram%25

/dev/sd0e       /media/usb      msdos   rw              0 0
/dev/cd0a       /media/cdrom    cd9660  ro,noauto

it confirms that "wd" is completely dedicated to NetBSD.
If we had nice BSD stickers (especially with the Daemon) I'd remove the
Windows7 for it :)

Riccardo

[1] wow, I missed 9.4 release, should I upgrade to that at least?
getting to 10 should be still easy. However this is my main NetBSD
laptop,s o it should have latest stable. I have then one with testing
and one I will keep on 9.x :)