TPM: best to have it "hidden" or "available"?

In BIOS security settings, TPM on the HP Pavilion laptop I am working
on is "hidden."  I notice there is a NetBSD tpm driver, so I am
wondering if it is safer security wise to have TPM available to the
OS, or to leave it hidden.

TIA

Henry

PS  If you see this Martin, thank you very much for the instructions
on how to upgrade with netbsd-INSTALL.gz.  It worked perfectly and
smoothly.