Re: Network and port redirection with QEMU not working with package compiled on 10.0_RC1

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> écrit :

> I really doubt reinstalling is necessary.
>
> When you upgrade packages, make sure you have every single package from
> a consistent build - same branch, same OS version.

Which would be almost as long as reinstalling from scratch
anyway.

I've been using pkgsrc for some 25 years and I never had to do
that across system upgrades, it just works fine (well, except
this time).  Frequent revbumps make me compile anew most of what
I use anyway.

In the case of QEMU, I don't see any direct dependency which
could influence networking but I might be wrong.

> diff your /etc from unpacking the etc.tgz and xetc.tgz sets someplace
> else.  Understand the differences.   I try to minimize them if I don't
> intend them to differ.

postinstall already does most of that.  I generally just need to
manually adjust /etc/master.passwd because postinstall does not
seem to handle added users (no big deal).

> Check  your firewall configs extra carefully.

Doesn't have any.

So I'm stuck but I still have my not so old qemu-8.1.2nb1
package.