Re: mutt and gmail on NetBSD

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 3:54 AM Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 06:44:13PM +0200, Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:
> > error is "No authenticators available".
>
> In the past, installing cy2-gssapi had worked for me with mutt, for above
> error.

Installing cy2-login worked for me. I checked the output of `pkg_info
cyrus-sasl` and it says that the cyrus-sasl package does not install
any authentication plugin modules. After some searching I found that
those modules live in pkgsrc/security/cy2-*. I installed cy2-gssapi
and set smtp_authenticators to gssapi in ~/.muttrc, but it did not
work. I installed cy2-login and set smtp_authenticators to
'gssapi:login' and it worked this time. I removed the cy2-gssapi
package, deleted smtp_authenticators line  completely and it worked
again.

Thank you all for your responses.

I don't have any experience with MTAs like sendmail and it looks
overwhelming. I hope I will have time some day to try it though.

Regards
Ivan