Re: mutt and gmail on NetBSD

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 06:44:13PM +0200, Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:

> I am trying to set up mutt with gmail on NetBSD 9.3. I can
> successfully fetch my mail, but I cannot send email from mutt. The
> error is "No authenticators available". I get it from the command line
> and interactively from mutt:

Not to gmail but I run imaps to my ISP mail server.  I use stunnel to
create a tunnel to my ISP and configure sendmail to deliver to my ISP
over that tunnel.  Mutt uses local delivery to send the mail and
sendmail does the relaying.

The setup I use is here:

http://implementality.blogspot.com/2013/07/netbsd-sendmail-and-smtp-auth.html

It is a bit old but it works for me and, yeah, sendmail because...
reasons.

--
Brett Lymn
--