Re: iscsid - lfs and ipv6 issues

Am 17.11.23 um 23:22 schrieb Michael van Elst:
listac%nebelschwaden.de@localhost (Ede Wolf) writes:

I am having two issues with iscsid/iscsictl. First, it seems, I cannot
mount an lfs formatted iscsi lun, no matter wether this drive is
gpt/wedge or plain disklabelled:

# mount -t lfs /dev/dk0 /import/
mount_lfs: /dev/dk0 on /import: Operation not supported by device

This works here (as far as lfs works), but the error message is
rare. One possibility is that the SCSI driver reports an offline
unit. Can you tell what the iSCSI server is ?

Hello,

first of all a very big thanks to all of you. Since it seems I am the only one who is using ipv6 with iscsi, I do not need a fix. I can live (as I am doing now) with ipv4. I just know I do not have to waste any time in trying to figure out the syntax.

Secondly: The iscsi target is ctld on FreeBSD. Currently even without any authentication. Now I doubt that an offline reporting is the case, because, relabelling the lun to 4.2BSD and mounting it with ffs does work. Without anything else being done on either side.

Now, the initiator is running on alpha, so if it works for you, this may be port related and we can leave it here. I will retest with x64, as soon as the ip4 routing is in place.

It was just for benchmarking and playing around with lfs aynway, as I have never used it and the 9 release notes stated some fixes. Again, I am running 10Rc1.

Will evenutally end up being ffs anyway for reliability reasons.

Thanks again, that helped quite a lot.