Re: [cross]compiling world and mk.conf

Am 08.11.23 um 20:14 schrieb Valery Ushakov:
On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 13:07:09 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

Alternatively you can use conditionals in mk.conf, like:

.if ${MACHINE} == "sparc"
CFLAGS+= -mcpu=v8 -mtune=supersparc
.endif

*tsk tsk*... :)

   CPUFLAGS = -mcpu=v8 -mtune=...

please.

.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} != shark
MKKDEBUG=yes
.endif

*tsk tsk tsk*... :)

And you also got MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH swapped :)

Yeah, what Martin said modulo corrections.  You can use three levels
from more generic to more specific:

MACHINE_CPU e.g. sh3 or arm
MACHINE_ARCH e.g. sh3el or earmv7hfeb
MACHINE e.g. landisk or shark

You can ask for the list with: ./build.sh list-arch

-uwe

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it was me who mentioned CFLAGS first in my example, even though the man page clearly disadvises against this.

For me, from the destination host, I am using the MACHINE[_ARCH] from uname -m/-p respectively, hoping, it has been set correctly by the installer :) Unless there is something that speaks against this method.
Otherwise, especially with arm, I would be totally lost.

But an impressive list anyway.