Re: would anybody use binary packages for NetBSD/i386 10?

> If you have a system that meets the above, please either reply here (the
> first few people :-) or just answer me privately.

Better late than never:

I still run NetBSD (along with many other unixens) actively on my
four Atom-N270-powered netbooks (2 *ASUS EeePC 1000H, Samsung NC10,
Medion Akoya E1212).  I just love the form factor for travelling
around.  Main tasks are:  software development, RTFMing til I die,
and giving presentations.  I have one machine running -current and
another one running the current stable release (9-STABLE at the moment).
These systems build themselves from source.

You could put these in category (e):  "still working too good to
be thrown away".   I mostly just pour over man pages or source code
anyway -- a new amd64 multi-core machine wouldn't make things any
faster for me.

I use binary pkgs, not in huge numbers but I appreciate their
availablity very much.  Most important for me are:

	- pkgin
	- tcsh
	- screen   (I *could* live with tmux, but nesting screen in
	  screen is sooo much less headachy than nesting tmux in
	  screen or vice versa.)
	- git, tig
	- lynx
	- gmake, automake, autoconf
	- ngrep

	with X11 installations:
	- cwm
	- dillo

If binary pkgs didn't exist anymore, I could build all of these
myself.  (I'd do that directly from upstream sources, not via
pksrc.)

Thanks for all your work!

					Martin Neitzel