mount -u use fstab options and wapbl log questions

I saw in mount(8):

"The set of options is determined by first extracting the options for
the file system from the fstab(5) file ..."

But when I did

mount -u /

Then mount didn't show the "log".

t1:reed$ grep ffs /etc/fstab
NAME=8ab393d0-4743-11e8-9359-b8ac6fdf499d               /       ffs     rw,log           1 1

So then I did

mount -u -o log /

mount then showed:

/dev/dk0 on / type ffs (log, local)

Does the mount -u used the fstab options?

(Sorry I didn't read the code or look at newer versions.)

By the way, are there recommendations for journal sizing?

The manpage hints "1MB of journal per 1GB of file system" but I am
unsure if that is optimum.

Is there a tool to show how the journal is being used? What journal size
is used? Where is the journal (special file vs end of partition)? How
much of the journal is being used?

I am using defaults so I assume I am using 64M for my 291G filesystem.

Also the wapbl(4) manpage has odd grammar:  "If there is adequate space
between the end of the file system and the end of the partition, then
unless the journal size has been specified with tunefs(8) then the
journal will be created after the file system."

Is something worded wrong? (See "then ... then")

The manual also mentions using disklabel to adjust partition to get
journal after filesystem. Any examples? (Note I am using dk.)

I am using NetBSD 9.3.