Re: zfs pool behavior - is it ever freed?

mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

> gdt%lexort.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:
>
>>I'm not either, but if there is a precise description/code of what they
>>did, that lowers the barrier to us stealing* it.  (* There is of course
>>a long tradition of improvements from various *BSD being applied to
>>others.)
>
> The FreeBSD code is already there and I have exposed a few settings:
>
> vfs.zfs_arc.meta_limit = 0
> vfs.zfs_arc.meta_min = 0
> vfs.zfs_arc.shrink_shift = 0
> vfs.zfs_arc.max = 5292193280
> vfs.zfs_arc.min = 661524160
> vfs.zfs_arc.compressed = 1
>
> but that's not enough to control the behaviour.

Is that in current only?   I don't see that in netbsd-10.

I did some code reading and it looks like the arc parameters are
computed at module load time, from the systctl/whatever values as they
exist at that moment, and then not adjusted.  But I didn't read that far
and am still trying to understand.  The ARC sizing rules are pretty
complicated.