Re: NetBSD & disks with 4K sector size

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 03:56:04PM +0200, Christian Kujau wrote:
> > So, my question is: does NetBSD work with 4k sector size disks? I found
> > two[1][2] threads from 11 years ago, but nothing conclusive and with
>
> Yes, but I imagine it's not been tried with xbd(4) before.  Only wd(4),
> sd(4), and to some extent ld(4) are likely to have been tested.

Ah, so it's a disk _driver_ issue then, that explains why HVM mode works,
here the disks are represented as wd(4) devices. I'm tempted to open a PR
about this, if only to document the fact.

Thanks for the fast response!

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #317:

Internet exceeded Luser level, please wait until a luser logs off before attempting to log back on.