Re: Cannot Install From NetBSD-9.3-amd64-install.img -- Friday Afternoon Followup

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023, Jay F. Shachter wrote:

Now the installation procedure is dying with the message

   Command: disklabel -w -r -f /tmp/disklabel.13 wd0 'wd0' 'fictitious'

Hmm. I can tell you _why_ you would get that error message, but, I just
can't see _how_ you could get into a situation which would occasion this
error.

Can you:

a) the exact URL of the install image you wrote to the USB disk?
b) show the output of these commands (after exiting the installer):

mount
ls -l /dev/pt*

After that, running this should let you proceed with the installation:

mount -t ptyfs ptyfs /dev/pts

-RVP