Cannot Install From NetBSD-9.3-amd64-install.img

Esteemed Colleagues:

I cannot install NetBSD from NetBSD-9.3-amd64-install.img (despite the
fact that the name of the file contains a promise that I can).

I copied the file to a USB storage device and then instructed my
computer to boot from it.  The computer immediately says "Invalid
partition table!" (including the exclamation mark for emphasis), and
an underline cursor remains to the right of that message.  The
computer remains in this state indefinitely, doing nothing further,
until I type a space (or, presumably, any other key).  The computer
then clears the screen, welcomes me to the NetBSD/amd64 9.3
installation image, presents me with the two options "1. Install
NetBSD" and "2. Drop to boot prompt" and then proceeds to count down
to option #1.  When option #1 is chosen, either explicitly or
implicitly, the computer very rapidly counts something, a familiar act
because one sees it whenever one boots NetBSD, from whatever device,
and then it clears the screen and changes to the familiar green color
that indicates NetBSD (as opposed to the white of FreeBSD, and the I
think blue of OpenBSD).

And then, a few seconds later, it crashes.  Here are the last few
lines of output (there may be typographical errors, I am copying from
the screen by hand):

  [   6.5091599] boot device: sd0
  [   6.5091599] root on dk1
  [   6.5091723] root file system type: ffs
  [   6.5091723] kern.module.path=/stand/amd64/9.3/modules
  [   6.5091723] nouveau0: error: unknown chipset (ffffffff)
  [   6.5091723] uvm_fault(0xffffffff81585e80, 0x0, 1) -> e
  [   6.5091723] fatal page fault in supervisor mode
  [   6.5091723] trap type 6 code 0 rip 0xffffffff80ca4a09 cs 0x8 rflags 0x10246 cr2 0 ilevel 0 rsp 0xffffcd813c8cacc0
  [   6.5091723] curlwp 0xfffff6489442c6e0 pid 0.145 lowest kstack 0xffffcd813c8c82c0
  kernel: page fault trap, code=0
  Stopped in pid 0.145 (system) at        netbsd:nvkm_udevice_mthd+0x180: movq    0(%rax),%rsi
  db{0}>

The cursor (it is now a nonblinking block cursor) is two characters to
the right of the right angle bracket (i.e., there is a space
separating the right angle bracket and the cursor).

I have successfully installed NetBSD many times before, but never
version 9.3, and never onto this particular computer.

Can anyone reading this tell me how to install NetBSD -- any recent
version, if not this one -- onto this computer, and then successfully
boot the installed system?

As always, thank you in advance for any and all replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 North Whipple Street
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"