Re: uhive0,wms0, wmouse0 constantly detach and rettach

On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 08:06, cyrus torros <sugondesenuts007%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have this problem with netbsd  my mouse device will constantly
> detach and re-attach, causing disruptions and console spam. Displacing
> the entire installer quickly and making it difficult to interact with.
>
> as well as making working in a tty impossible, the problem does NOT go
> away when in an x session.
>
> I experience this issue on a modern-ish amd machine (b450 tomahawk,
> ryzen 5 2600)
> as well as a old core2duo dell lattitude which is no longer functional.
>
> changing usb ports, the mouse, or using a front panel port changes
> nothing. Over time, even more devices will start to disconnect (if ran
> for several hours)

Hi - is there any item of hardware common between all of your tests
(USB hub, mouse etc)?

How quickly does it occur?

The screengrab you attached looks to be from a netbsd-9.0 install
image - are you able to test a netbsd-10 install image to see if it
shows the same behaviour?

https:// nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-10/latest/images/

Thanks

David