Re: Call for testing: Diagnostics for broken downloads from NetBSD.org CDN

mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

> Fastly caches data in segments:
>
> https://docs.fastly.com/en/guides/segmented-caching
>
> If some segments of a file can be fetched from the backend
> and others cannot, fastly will deliver a partial file and
> return an error. For a complete file all segments must have
> been fetched and cached succssfully.

Is a client that writes a partial file and exits considered buggy?  Or
are users obligated to check for exit status 0 and if not rm the file?
Or something else?  This all just seems a little odd to me, but I am far
from a fetch/CDN expert.