Re: Prob watching DVDs

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023, Todd Gruhn wrote:
To me, it sounds like VLC is the way to listen to music.

Can I do both CD AND DVD on  XINE ?/

I use xine a lot.

Seeking in some mkv files can go wrong...

Playing an audio only file can be choppy and sometimes get cut
near the end (flac, I've tryed different decoders). Note that audio
is played perfectly when is accompanied by a video stream.

The playlist interface of the default skin (xinetic) can't be resized so it's
very unconfortable, specially with long file names. That could be
solved using another skin.

The window don't get resized and positioned to its previous state
after exiting full screen mode, instead it is resized to its unscaled
size. That's something I should take a look to some day...

It has really good dvd support, the menus work great, but I don't
remember last time I use a dvd or dvd's image (the Zatoichi tv
collection from russia, o my...).

Is the only one that can play 1080p h264 video in a PI4 (using
xshm) decently.

If you want to open a remote stream remember to use avio+http://...

The xinetic skin can be a little extrange to youngsters, it
resemblances what we used "physically" to listen to music and play
dvds back in the 90's.

I've been using this software for decades, I'm glad that it has
gotten some new attention and modest developtment.

adr